I've discovered over the years that I have the power to discontinue restaurants and retails goods. I know what you're thinking - I haven't lost my mind. This power is REAL.
It seems that if I really like something, it discontinues. Just this week, I found out that 2 skincare products I use are discontinued. It was actually a bit comical. I was looking for the first item at my local drug store and asked a sales associate for help. She advised it had been discontinued. A couple of days later, I asked the same associate for the second product and she advised it had also been discontinued. I swear she must have thought I was a mystery shopper testing her knowledge.
I'm thinking of all the things I liked that have been discontinued and will share a few highlights:
- Olive Garden Restaurant (no longer in Canada)
- Toby's Good Eats (I think there might be one left somewhere but these used to be all over the place)
- Denby "Reflex" pattern (when I got married, instead of having a fancy China pattern, I chose this set of dishes so we could use them everyday. They were discontinued shortly thereafter so I'm missing pieces.)
- Lancome Clarifiance face wash
- Andrea pre-soaked eye makeup pads (these were a great deal at $4.99 a pack. A similar product by another manufacturer cost me $8.49 this week and they definitely aren't as good)
At least a dozen items from the grocery store (this happens a couple times a year). I feel like I curse things when I declare that I like them!